In the framework of the first international festival of graffiti taking place in Papeete, Tahiti New Generation organizes an international graffiti contest named: ONO’U Battle. It will be held on 10 and 11 May 2014 in Papeete on the Place Toata.
International candidates selected to compete the finals in Papeete will be offered accommodation and catering in Tahiti for six days, from 7 to 12 May, 2014.
A significant discount on the regular flight fare to Tahiti will be offered to selected candidates flying with Air Tahiti Nui, official sponsor of the festival.
(Check cities of departure and regular fares here: http://www.airtahitinui.com/)
The registration of the international graffiti competition will be open from 30 November 2013 to 31 January 2014, midnight (Tahiti time).
Except for special cases, applications must be exclusively sent online (see below).
To register applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Aged between 18 and 38 years old at the time of your application
- Be available to travel to Tahiti from 7 to 12 May 2014 in order to participate in the playoffs and final phases of competition
- Practice graffiti as a form of art (amateur and professional accepted)
- Be able to create an art piece exclusively made with aerosol/spray paint (regardless of brands).
In order to confirm his registration, each competitor must file in the online entry form and attached all the following required documents to their file:
- The below competition registration form duly filed
- 4 photographs minimum resolution of 1000×1000 pixels corresponding to four distinct works and recent graffiti murals *
- A copy of passport confirming his age
- Letter of commitment (see “download the Commitment Letter”) to physically go to Papeete from 7 to 12 May 2014
- Contest regulation (see “download Terms and Conditions”) initialed and signed, with the words “read and approved” at the bottom of each page and returned in a compress (zip) folder.
* By recent graffiti murals, Tahiti New Generation, the competition organizer, expects an essentially recently made work with spray paint on a mural (less than five years).
* Each photograph must correspond to a mural exclusively created and executed by the candidate himself and shall specify the place and the year of its completion.
All the incomplete files will be automatically rejected without prior notice. It is therefore understood that a complete application will include all of the above mentioned elements.
Download, view and print:
Online Registration here: